Saturday, September 25, 2010

Need new pants!

I have been driving around the last three months with a box of baby books in my trunk.  My good friend and room mate had put her son's box of books that were given to her in my trunk one day, and of course, it took three months for me to bring them up to the apartment.

I was feeling ambitious last night and decided to open up my trunk to finally bring the box up.  Being in an ambitious mood, I decided to slightly clean out my car and carry a bunch of stuff up to my apartment, including bongos (don't ask), a plate from my other roommate's breakfast that morning, and a pile full of mail.  Since I am completely graceful, the box of books slid a little, making me face the challenge of saving the bongos, plate, or mail which all went flying.  I let the mail hit the ground, and unfortunately the plate shattered when I made the split second decision to save the bongos.  It just so happened to shatter right behind my car in our apartment complex.

I decided to clean up the shattered glass right away so that I wouldn't pop my tire the next day when pulling out in the morning.  I started picking up the glass, and suddenly hear a ripping sound.  I quickly feel my backside and decide it was not my jeans since I can't find a hole and it did not suddenly get drafty.  I quickly pick up all the glass and go on my way.

This morning, I put on my jeans, and there is a rip in my jeans right in the front by my inner thigh.  I think I can try to sew it, but with my luck it was not on the seem.  I think the lesson to learn out of this, is that when going out to the car to carry a heavy box inside......wear sweat pants, you never know when you will have to bend over and then suddenly need to buy new jeans (they weren't even my tight jeans!).

No comments:

Post a Comment