Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Candle + Andrea = Fire


After three years of having a dining room table I finally bought chairs to go with it!  It was quite the accomplishment.  I have a table that is an odd height; I believe it is called counter height?  It is not as tall as a pub table, and not as low as your normal every day table. A day long shopping quest in search of chairs led to finally finding the perfect chairs at JCPenny.  They are now all set up in my dining room, even if one is missing a screw currently and has a “DO NOT SIT ON” sign taped to it, the point is, I can now sit at my table instead of on the couch while eating.

I was enjoying the luxury of having dining room chairs today while browsing the new grocery store ad. In the middle of thinking what an amazing deal avocados were on this week the ad suddenly burst into flame at the top middle of the newspaper.  This resulted in a surprised screech followed by quick blows trying to get the fire to go out.  Unfortunately newspaper burns extremely fast and in my surprise of the paper catching on fire I was unable to blow fast enough to extinguish the fire quickly.  Luckily I have a room mate who was in the same room and came running over to swat the paper with some other newspapers to put the fire out.  I have come to find out that it is not a good idea for me to read a newspaper at a table with a lit candle in the middle of it or I may burn down the place!   

No comments:

Post a Comment