Saturday, February 12, 2011

Spaghetti Sauce Overload


I just took a trip to Albertsons this morning because it was advertised that Hunts products were 10 for $10 and if you buy $25 worth of items of select product (ironically, some Hunts ones) then you get a $10 off your next purchase!  With lightning speed I drove down to the store first thing this morning, filled my cart with Spaghetti Sauce, Ketchup, Stewed Tomatoes, and Salsa.  Going through the check out stand I ended up with 25 cans of food, spent $25, AND received a coupon for $10 off my next purchase at Albertsons.  The ad didn’t lie!  What an amazingly successful trip.  What the ad did not warn me about was the cashier that was not rude, but unimpressed with having to ring up that many cans at 8 in the morning, and the unhappy look of the people behind me in line.  I’m not sure if this was because I had practically cleaned out the Hunts Spaghetti sauce, did clean out the Hunts Ketchup, or if it was because they were guys and only had one item each but there was only one check out stand open so they had to wait for my purchase.  I am positive it had nothing to do with my cartwheels and back flips I was practically doing in line once the $10 off my next purchase coupon printed out.  I think it has finally sunk in that coupons…..are free money.

No comments:

Post a Comment