Thursday, August 18, 2011

Yummy Broccoli Cheddar Soup!


I have recently joined the Smart Phone craze.  I put it off for so many years…mostly because I didn’t want to pay for it.  I have so far managed to not get addicted to angry birds or many variations of scrabble.  What I did discover was some useful apps though! Particularly a free recipe app.  So if I am shopping at the store I can just look up a recipe on my phone.

I tried this recipe out last night and it was pretty tasty.  It was a little peppery for me so I may add less pepper next time, but if you like Broccoli Cheddar soup then try it!  It is quick and easy.

1 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion chopped
¼ Cup Flour
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon Dried thyme
¾ teaspoon pepper
2 Cups milk
1 Large bunch of Broccoli chopped into 1 inch pieces
1 ½ Cups cheddar cheese shredded
1 Cup water
1 Chicken Bouillon cube

In a saucepan heat olive oil over medium heat.  Add onion and cook until golden (about 10 minutes), stirring occasionally.  Stir in flour, salt, thyme, and ¾ tsp pepper; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.

Gradually stir in milk, chicken bullion cube, 1 Cup water; add broccoli and heat to boiling over high heat.  Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until broccoli is tender, about 10 minutes.

Remove saucepan from heat; stir in cheese until melted and smooth. Serve.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment