Monday, March 12, 2012

Embracing Awkwardness


I always have random adventures with my friends.  I love being part of multiple unique groups of people and have enjoyed how my groups of friends have morphed over the years. 

I seem to have had many awkward experiences with my friends.  I’m beginning to wonder if things just happen to me in general or if these different groups of people tend allow awkwardness to occur more freely.  I have to admit that I kind of like awkwardness.  It makes life feel more real rather than pretending that we all have perfect lives.

Many of these awkward experiences stories I have had with my friends would cause me to die laughing while trying to reminisce about them. If people heard them we would probably have to attribute them to a “you had to be there” moment.  My friends do on occasion swap “Awkward Moments with Andrea” stories and I am still unsure how I feel about that.

I have come to the conclusion that awkward moments are good for you.  I’ve been trying to figure out if I am awkward lately, and maybe the answer is yes.  But then, who isn’t?  Who doesn’t have stories about tugging on mouse tales while thinking it was a piece of tire, accidentally strattling a guy while trying to climb on bleachers (while having string cheese breathe of course), getting lost repeatedly with directions and ending up who knows where, and embarrassing Dance Dance Revolution finales.

Sometimes embracing awkward moments rather than sulking away in embarrassment may be the better option.  It creates more friendships….or at least creates more stories for your friends to compare and have a common ground to talk about when meeting each other…

No comments:

Post a Comment