Sunday, March 18, 2012

Forever Like That


I have been loving “love” lately.  Not me being in love or longing for it but just the whole idea of love: the good, the bad, the commitment, and the securities and insecurities of being with another person.  Ultimately the whole idea of love and being human and able to build a relationship is beautiful.

I had a fun girls’ weekend over the past few days.  It was a blast.  We had a great time involved eating, shopping, eating, a concert, eating, and movies.  I love girl weekends….because I love laughing and eating…a lot.

At the concert we went to the opening act blew me away and I overwhelmingly felt a sense of how amazing it is that we have the ability to build relationships.  I do mean romantic relationships when I refer to building relationships however I have been building friendships lately, and even those amaze me sometimes with how we are able to connect with certain people.  

I was inspired at the concert I went to with the girls to really just appreciate all that is “love” even while not being in a romantic relationship.  Couples make me smile nowadays and not out of jealousy and want for my own love story to be written but out of joy that they have found something worth working for.  I think that is what it ultimately comes down to, finding someone that makes you want to work on a relationship even when you can drive each other crazy and still love and stick with through the crazy times of life.

All that to say, here is a beautiful song called Forever Like That by Ben Rector that was played at the concert this weekend.  It is currently unreleased and unrecorded but I hope it is soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment