Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Benny

I have always wanted to grow vegetables and never tried.  I am incredibly talented at not keeping plants alive.  The only one that has lasted so far is the bamboo plant I have at my office.  But I'm not sure if bamboo counts.  I bought an air plant at a Christmas bizarre that I went to with my mom.  When I say air plant...I mean it should be able to survive my sad plant caregiver skills. It does not need to be planted in dirt and literally just breathes air. See below:

 


Once a week you drench it with water.  This should be a piece of cake.  These small plants can either hang in the air, or you can just set them in a container with no dirt.  The root I was told was really only needed if you wanted to glue them to something!  I don't normally name plants but I named my air plant Benny since I figured this one should be able to last long enough for me to develop an emotional bond with it. 

Unfortunately Benny has not been doing so well.  I should take that back, he was doing well until I pruned him.  I was just trying to prune him and pull off a brown dead leaf and the poor guy's whole root came off.  So now Benny is soaking in water on my desk...I'm hoping it's like a starfish and the root will regrow?? Probably not but worth a shot. I haven't decided if I am just going to never ever name a plant again....or go with Benny II, Benny III, Benny IV, and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment