Sunday, March 27, 2011

Soup. Tomatoes. Olives. Artichokes. Brownies. Ice Cream. Strawberries. Nachos. And more Chips.

Today I had some friends over after church and made a huge pot of Zuppa Toscana Soup.  I made it a little extra spicy today.  So extra spicy that the soup pot poured out steam filled with the smell of the red crushed pepper and made everyone cough and not be able to breath from inhaling red pepper smoke.  Who needs a fire alarm?  Apparently medical masks are needed to survive my cooking.

My friend Alyssa came over to join the soup eating festivities.  I love pregnant ladies, or at least I do until they start eating all my food.  Alyssa, my current favorite pregnant friend, lives across the parking lot from me.  She came over and ate a bowl of soup.  When she was done with the soup she snacked on the cherry tomatoes from the salad..….then the olives.  She would have had more olives but we ran out and she told me not to worry about opening another can when I offered.  She then rummaged through the fridge and found some artichokes (I didn’t even know we had those).  And then found some salsa that she ate with some of our tortilla chips.  Meanwhile, I made some caramel turtle brownies for dessert.  While the brownies were cooking she asked if I had cleaned out the bowl yet.  I hadn’t so she immediately took care of scraping the brownie batter and eating that.  Once the brownies were out, we had brownies with ice cream and cut up strawberries.  She took hers in a to-go bowl and went home for an afternoon nap.

I went to an evening church service and when we got home I received a call from my favorite pregnant friend asking if any of us were hungry. I told her to come on over, we at least had some left over soup if anything.  She showed up and while I was looking around trying to find something to eat she informed me she was thinking of nachos.  So….we proceeded to make some nachos with cheese and salsa and sour cream.  So good.  After I cleaned up all the nacho makings and we were sitting around the table talking….she got the chips and salsa back out to munch on.  I can't wait to be pregnant someday......Sunday eating and napping days sound amazing.  Well, off to restock my fridge....love you Alyssa!

5 comments:

  1. I forgot to mention that she wanted me to make chocolate covered strawberries after the nachos at the end of the evening. I think I may have to make those for her tomorrow!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was so cute!! And Hillarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must be in the 2nd trimester? That's where I am now and I swear, I am eating everything in sight! 1st trimester = too sick to eat. 3rd trimester = baby is big an no space left for your stomach. 2nd trimester = eat your heart out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think she is actually in her 2nd trimester!! If not then very close to it.

    ReplyDelete