Thursday, March 31, 2011

Early Mornings

I have discovered that I love waking up early in the morning.  The hardest part is getting out of bed, and honestly it can be a struggle to get up early and really only happens for about half of the week (I’m talking 5:15 AM early!).  When I actually do make it out of bed though I feel completely energized and ready to go once I actually start work at 8.  If I make it out of bed I do the following:

5:15 ---Hit up 24 Hour Fitness and struggle through an elliptical torture machine while listening to some music. 
6:00 ---Hate the gym and leave but love how I feel after working out…as though I could take on the world….enough so to wink at the desk guy on the way out even though I have no makeup on and my hair is all sweaty from working out…..ok the winking part is a lie…but the no makeup and messy hair is a very real and scary reality that I don't care enough to work on that early in the morning.
6:15 ---Have some time to catch up on reading, devotionals, listen to a podcast or journaling.  I’m more productive at this time in the morning, especially if I have made it to the gym and back already.
7:00 ---Get ready for work and actually have time to cook breakfast instead of grabbing something packaged to go.  Occasionally I indulge myself by swinging by the coffee stand on the way to work and picking up some coffee or green tea with an almond croissant…..those are my favorite days but I only do it a couple times a month or I wouldn’t cherish the croissants as much.  They are phenomenal.

It is super hard to get up this early in the morning, but literally by the time I get to work at 7:50 I have a spring in my step.  I find that when I roll out of bed at 7:00 I end up rushing to get to work, am grouchy, and am kind of sluggish all day long.  I don’t ACTUALLY make it out of bed at 5:15 every day but what a difference it makes when I do…..I at least try to get up by the 6:15 time.  I do have to intentionally go to bed early and lay out all my gym clothes or I will use it as an excuse in the morning to stay in bed. 

I have been trying to get up so early because I joined the gym and find that my evenings are so busy I can’t even make it to the gym….it’s actually been a good way to have some time to myself.  I’m thinking of getting a new phone so that I can listen to podcasts and have some iTunes at the gym….I think if I get any phone has been out for the last three years then it will be an upgrade!

Here is a song that has been stuck in my head the last few days and am listening to bright and early this morning!  It is Beautiful Things by Gungor.  They are good.  Listen to them sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment